2017 Graduate Programme
- Work type:
- Fixed Term
- London, UK
- Closing date:
About the company
Bravura Solutions provides comprehensive administration and related technology solutions for wealth management, life insurance and transfer agency markets. As a full service solutions provider we offer a wide range of software applications, managed service arrangements and professional services for clients located throughout APAC and EMEA.
We have launched a 2017 Graduate Programme in EMEA, a new initiative aimed at Computer Science under-graduates or graduates interested in a career in financial technology.
- The Graduate Programme will focus on the potential application of new, cutting edge technologies within Bravura’s existing product suite. This will include the opportunity to gain experience in the financial technology business domain, identify emerging technologies, evaluate their potential and design/build proof of concepts using those technologies within Bravura’s product suite.
- The successful candidate will be working with the Bravura technical team based in London to:
- Identify a technology area of interest for application, these may include one or more of:
- Big data, analytics, algorithmic analysis and data visualisation
- Blockchain and related digital currency technology
- Expert systems, machine learning, algorithmic trading (functional programming/RETE based rule engines a particular focus)
- Non-relational data modelling
- Identify potential applications of the technology in Bravura’s particular product suite
- Develop and deliver an initial Proof of Concept, using Agile development techniques mentored by Bravura Tech team
To be successful in this role candidates will require:
- Strong academic development/programming skills
- Strong Java programming skills
- An demonstrable understanding of relational database design and development principles
- An interest/understanding of expert systems, functional programming, RETE algorithm or machine learning would be an advantage
- An interest/understanding of “big data” technologies, including Hadoop, distributed file systems and Map/Reduce would be an advantage
- A desire to understand the financial technology market
- A demonstrable interest in cutting edge technology
- The ability to think creatively in partnership with Bravura subject matter expert mentors, to identify business applications for new technologies
- A demonstrable interest in Agile development processes and practices
- You will have achieved, or be on track to achieve, a 2.1 degree in Computer Science
We are offering
Our full-time 2017 graduate programme in London will provide you with a comprehensive introduction to our business and training in the technical and professional skills you’ll need to succeed in your role.
You’ll have the opportunity to be part of a small, friendly, technically focused team in a successful and growing organisation.
To learn more about working life at Bravura, please visit our Careers website.
How to apply
If you believe that you have the relevant experience and knowledge for this role please apply by forwarding a covering letter along with your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note only successful applicants will be contacted.
Start date: September 2017
If you believe that you have the relevant experience and knowledge for this role please apply directly below. Please note only successful applicants will be contacted.