Application Development Manager
- Global Wealth Management
- Work type:
- Full Time, Permanent
- Gurgaon, India
- Closing date:
- 31/01/2017 (closed)
About the company
Bravura Solutions Limited (BSL) is a global supplier of professional services and highly specialised administration and management applications for superannuation & pension, life insurance, investment, private wealth & portfolio administration, transfer agency and STP financial messaging.
Bravura delivers to some of the world’s leading financial institutions located globally, and employs more than 800 people, staffing 16 offices across Australia, New Zealand, Asia, United Kingdom, Europe and South Africa.
About the role
This role is responsible for managing a Scrum team that delivers defined scope within committed schedule, effort & quality, by following agile SDLC practice and by working closely with the consultancy team.
This role will report into the Development Delivery Manager in the Global Product Development group that is responsible for delivering system functionality to internal clients and external customers of Bravura.
Primary Customer for this role will be Development Delivery Manager and Primary Suppliers will be BA/Testers and Developers.
- Has functional ownership for delivering defined scope/stories in a Scrum within committed schedule & effort, simultaneously ensuring the acceptable quality of the deliverables.
- Support project program reporting in collaboration with the Development Delivery Managers.
- Manage the elaboration of requirements into executable pieces of work (Epics into Stories). Seeing work broken down into executable tasks, ensuring scope written into the stories is estimated and accepted. Accepting and managing the delivery of these stories.
- Facilitate a good level of communication between BA/Testers and Business/Principal consultants who define the requirements.
- Build strong work relationship with Consulting teams, Delivery Managers and client project managers.
- Ensure daily time recording in JIRA and EPM by the team members.
- Audit team’s practices according to the SDLC practice guide. Monitor the time recorded in JIRA & EPM to drive the burn down charts and report on total cost with respect to budget.
- Co-ordinate regular Scrum meetings (daily or bi-daily).
- Empower BA/Testers and Developers to take ownership of the stories and ensure the team clearly understands the scope of the deliverables.
- Facilitate initiative within the team to resolve issues and provide escalation and support where required.
To be successful in this role candidates will require:
Qualification & Experience
- B.E./B.Tech/MCA -Full Time
- 10-14 years of relevant IT experience
- Understands fundamentals of iterative development
- Familiar with Microsoft Project in managing schedules
- Understands other processes and methodologies and can speak intelligently about them and leverage other techniques to provide value to team/enterprise
- Understands fundamentals of software development processes and procedures
- Familiar with common Agile practices, service-oriented environments, and better development practices
- Familiar with Java and J2EE technology
- Business experience in UK “Platforms”, Wrap, SIPPs, ISAs, and other UK tax wrappers will be an added advantage.
- Must be able to garner respect from his/her team by showcasing apt knowledge and skills and be willing to get their hands dirty to get the job done.
- Must possess very good written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to lead and demonstrate value-add principles to the team.
- Must be able to ensure Agile/Scrum concepts and principles are adhered to.
- Must be able to make the tough calls, be a voice of reason and authority and be approachable by the team members when needed.
Thank you for your interest in this position, unfortunately the closing date has passed and we are no longer taking applications.