Application Support Analyst
- Work type:
- Permanent, Full time
- Manchester, UK
- Closing date:
Bravura Solutions is a trusted provider of software solutions for the wealth management, life insurance and transfer agency industries, underpinned by functionally rich technology that enables modernisation, consolidation and simplification.
We have a career opportunity for an Application Support Analyst to join our Wealth Management Division.
The role of the Application Support Analyst is to perform application deployment/technical administration/problem identification and resolution in order to support users of Sonata and ancillary application services.
- The analysis and resolution of issues raised by Clients including;
- Identification of faulty software and omissions in functionality (including debugging code where necessary)
- Correction to data where required on client databases
- Correction of problems caused by incorrect use of application functionality
- Correction of system configuration faults
- Informing clients of progress and resolution of issues raised, and ensuring all problem logs are updated regularly with succinct technically detailed entries relating all investigations/actions taken to date
- The deployment of application code
- Technical housekeeping and administration
To be successful in this role candidates will require:
- Excellent communication (written and verbally) skills
- Ability to communicate ideas, concepts and facts to Clients, peers and senior members of staff
- Friendly, professional, and business-like approach to both external and internal clients
- Systematic, logical thinker with excellent attention to detail
- Service-orientated with ability to build positive effective relationships
- The aptitude to be flexible and assertive in demanding circumstances
- Self-control and resilience including the ability to work effectively under pressure
- Proven use of problem solving skills with the initiative to proactively resolve issues
- Excellent team and interpersonal skills
- Educated to degree level or equivalent industry experience
- Demonstrable knowledge of the financial service industry
- A good understanding of best practice application development methodology, together with:
- An excellent working knowledge of SQL language
- Ability to develop basic application code using a modern object based language
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- A basic understanding of service delivery processes i.e.
- Code promotion and release process
- Change control
- Problem management
- Availability management
- Contingency planning / business continuity
- Configuration management
Please be advised that we do not accept unsolicited CVs from agencies for any of our vacancies.
If you believe that you have the relevant experience and knowledge for this role please apply directly below. Please note only successful applicants will be contacted.