- Global Wealth Management
- Work type:
- Gurgaon, India, India
- Closing date:
- 30/01/2017 (closed)
About the company
Bravura Solutions Limited (BSL) is a global supplier of professional services and highly specialised administration and management applications for superannuation & pension, life insurance, investment, private wealth & portfolio administration, transfer agency and STP financial messaging.
Bravura delivers to some of the world’s leading financial institutions located globally, and employs more than 800 people, staffing 16 offices across Australia, New Zealand, Asia, United Kingdom, Europe and South Africa.
About the role
This position is for a Test Analyst working within the BSL India GWM System testing team. The position is for a varied and demanding role, creating automated test scripts for GWM system enhancements and service pack maintenance delivery. The incumbent is expected to work closely with more senior testing staff to analyse simple/complex deliveries for test, script a set of functional and regression tests, test to a high professional manner and report daily progress whilst in test execution.
- Analysis of complex projects and activities to identify the test requirements, both functional and regression based
- Develop suitable test scripts, making re-use of existing test scripts/packs, to prove a delivery.
- Work with the Development team to capture and reuse automated Unit Test Cases, Test Stubs and Drivers, and other Development test objects.
- Work with the Release Engineering team to create and maintain an automated nightly build verification (“smoke”) test.
- Ensure proper version control and configuration management of all test objects developed and test environments used.
- Record and prove that test scripts achieve the required business and systems requirement coverage
- Work with senior testers to conduct effective, timely testing.
- Perform test execution of test larger or more complex scripts.
- Creation of automated test scripts to reduce the amount of time and effort spent on testing activities.
- Follow the principles of good testing.
- Develop a working knowledge of the supported portfolio of functionality and systems
- Ensure quality standards are met
- Maintain timely and precise reporting.
- Follow formal change control procedures and processes
To be successful in this role candidates will require:
Qualifications & Experience
- 3-5 years of experience of software testing of multi-user software, ideally within a financial environment. Experience should cover test execution and formal recording of execution results.
- Minimum of 12 months experience with test automation tools (i.e. Test Complete, QTP, Rational), ideally beyond keystroke capture and replay in automating various Web & Desktop based applications.
- An aptitude for working to challenging deadlines and budgets on a continual basis.
- Technical ability to navigate around and review file contents.
- Knowledge of any scripting language(VB Script, QA Basic, Java Script) would be an added advantage
- Experience in performance Testing would be an added advantage.
Business Domain related
- Exposure to the Finance industry is essential.
- A willingness to understand the GWM Business; eBusiness, Insurance, Superannuation, Pensions, Portfolio Administration.
- Understanding of the software development lifecycle and the role that testing plays.
- Business/systems experience in multi-currency applications.
- Ability to think laterally, an enquiring mind with good analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Flexibility and adaptability.
- Result oriented and resourceful in finding solutions.
- Able to work as a team player and as an effective, self-motivated individual.
Thank you for your interest in this position, unfortunately the closing date has passed and we are no longer taking applications.