HR Business Partner
- Human Resources
- Work type:
- Fixed Term Contract
- Johannesburg , South Africa
- Closing date:
Bravura Solutions, already a market-leading technology vendor for financial services firms in Australia, New Zealand and the UK has identified the retail and institutional South African financial services industry as a key strategic market to benefit from technology advancements.
We see technology as a key enabler for wealth management and life insurance businesses to increase the quality of their offering to clients by shifting to a next generation platform solution that is cost efficient and flexible. Financial services in South Africa has been undergoing significant change in light of the Retail Distribution Review (RDR) and other regulatory changes, similar to what we have experienced in the UK. There is a really positive focus on raising intermediary professionalism and improving services to clients. To that end, Bravura are in the process of rolling out our Sonata wealth management platform to South African clients to support this process.
Bravura Solutions have been present in the South African market since 2009 through their partnership with a major South African bank.
About the role
We have an opportunity for an operationally focused HR Business Partner on a 6 month contract. Providing proactive and strategic HR advice and support to multi-disciplinary client groups to enable the business to meet its objectives.
The principal function is the effective management of our HR functions, systems, processes and policies with the key outcome of working with management and the broader EMEA HR team to attract, inspire, develop and retain exceptional people.
- Lead employees and managers within client groups through core generalist HR processes and programs including recruitment, performance, reward, talent management, global mobility and learning and development, etc.
- Provide managerial support and coaching, enabling managers to fulfil their people responsibilities consistently and effectively
- Lead, or contribute to organisational development and change activities, acting as a change agent to model best practices
- Develop and review policies and processes, ensuring compliance with legislation and company standards
- Oversee Health & Safety in the office, providing guidance and support to the managers and employees
- Oversee end to end recruitment with the support of the EMEA HR team
- Ensure the timely execution of all onboarding activities
- Provide focus and clarity to support the business in establishing objectives that drive performance and encourage career development
- Work collaboratively with the HR team and business to ensure the timely execution of performance and remuneration cycle
- Identify current and future learning and development needs across client groups
- Provide quality advice and managerial support on employee relation and separation matters
- Actively promote cultural change, supporting new ways of thinking and delivering working
To be successful in this role candidates will require:
Working as an integral part of a collaborative EMEA HR team based in London, this is an ideal role for a resilient, pragmatic and influential HR professional who is confident working autonomously. Specifically, you will demonstrate:
- Strong background as a HR Generalist with experience in a fast paced commercial environment ideally within technology, financial or professional services
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in HR or similar
- Be well versed in all aspects of Employee Relations with an in-depth knowledge or location employment legislation
- Experience influencing and building credibility with senior stakeholders
- Energetic, self-starter with an agile and proactive approach
- Ability to anticipate and resolve complex problems with practical solutions
- Creative, resourceful and forward thinking
- Have a strong background specialising in recruitment#LI-PRIORITY
If you believe that you have the relevant experience and knowledge for this role please apply directly below. Please note only successful applicants will be contacted.