Lead Technical Consultant
- Professional Services
- Work type:
- Permanent, full time
- London, Edinburgh, Manchester, Tonbridge, UK
- Closing date:
Bravura Solutions is a trusted provider of software solutions for the wealth management, life insurance and transfer agency industries, underpinned by functionally rich technology that enables modernisation, consolidation and simplification.
We are seeking a highly driven Technical Consultant to join our Wealth Management division based in any of our UK Offices (London, Edinburgh, Manchester, Tonbridge) with significant levels of travel to the London office (if not primarily based in London) and periods on client sites.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is keen to be involved in the support and resolution of complex technical requirements or issues, and enjoys working with clients to support their technical needs.
You will have responsibility to lead consulting assignments through Sonata implementations and enhancements. This role will also assist in managing and mentoring the Application Consultancy team to enable Bravura to scale and repeat successful Sonata implementations.
You will lead the work with our clients in the analysis, definition and documentation of business and functional requirements, and will be involved in the design and implementation of the Sonata solution during the full lifecycle of the client project.
- Advise on client projects regarding integration of Bravura’s WM products into the client’s systems environment
- Advise on infrastructure requirements and deployment model for Bravura’s WM products
- Work with client projects to document the integration model
- Gather and document requirements and solution designs for system enhancements to support integration and technically complex processing areas
- Liaise with the Bravura development team to ensure technical and integration solutions are delivered in line with design expectations
- Acceptance testing of integration enhancements to validate functionality and gain familiarity with configuration
- Directly support clients integration development and configuration against Sonata interfaces
- Liaise with global technical colleagues
To be successful in this role candidates will require:
- Proven technical skills and analytical ability
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral including the ability to explain technical designs and issues.
- Proven client relationship skills
- Proactive approach to work with the ability to exercise initiative
- Self-control and resilience including the ability to work effectively under pressure
- Strong negotiating skills with the ability to influence and liaise across all levels
- Ability to work in a team environment and respond positively to tight deadlines
- Educated to Degree Level
- Knowledge of application design processes and architectural principles
- Knowledge of Life, Pensions, WRAP business
- Advanced knowledge of the Sonata software and architecture
- Knowledge of all Sonata applications
- Business knowledge within the Insurance and Finance sector to achieve the desired functionality with the Sonata software
- Knowledge of Java technologies
- A proven understanding of the development life cycle with a wide understanding of project deliverables
- Knowledge of SQL and development with Oracle
- Experience in developing Windows based user interface functionality i.e. Winforms
- Proven experience of producing and working with UML based design documentation
- Knowledge of Web services and XML
Please note we do not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies.
If you believe that you have the relevant experience and knowledge for this role please apply directly below. Please note only successful applicants will be contacted.