Patch/EOL Management Analyst
- EMEA Corporate IT
- Work type:
- Full-Time, Permanent
- London, UK
- Closing date:
About the company
Bravura Solutions provides comprehensive administration and related technology solutions for wealth management, life insurance and transfer agency markets. As a full service solutions provider we offer a wide range of software applications, managed service arrangements and professional services for clients located throughout APAC and EMEA.
This role will cover two aspects, both Patch Management and technical change coordination.
- Manage patching and software EOL levels across Hosting, IT and Corporate infrastructure for EMEA region.
- Working with Corporate and Hosting Teams in EMEA, reporting to Head of Corporate IT and coordinating with APAC counterpart.
- Identify available patches.
- Oversee patch deployments, ensuring processes are clear and followed.
- Ensure plans are in place to upgrade both hardware and software in a timely manner.
- Interfacing to Change Management, ensuring all patches are tracked and can be reported on for customers and audits.
- Ensure an end of life plan is presented and agreed with all parties.
- Ensure weekly IT driven changes.
- Oversee all aspects of the technical change board.
- Identification of the changes themselves.
- Ensuring the resource availability for the technical change meetings.
- Understanding the changes needed to be implemented.
- Feeding any approved changes into the Business Cabs for scheduling.
- Understanding the impact of failed changes or changes that are not scheduled in the appropriate window.
To be successful in this role candidates will require:
- A comprehensive appreciation of the infrastructure within which our applications exist, covering:
- Databases (Maintenance and Support processes)
- Server (O/S, Service Packs, User Rights, Disk Storage configuration (logical & physical))
- Telecommunications (Routers, NAT, Firewalls, network configurations)
- Security Domain design and Microsoft Active Directory (AD)
- Web technologies, IIS, Apache Tomcat, and web architecture
- Open source knowledge
- Java platforms
- An understanding of the development lifecycle and service management processes.
- Strong technical background in Microsoft .Net and/or Java J2EE environments
- Understanding of Web Services and Service Oriented Architecture Protocol (SOAP)
- Understanding of (SSL) Secure Sockets Layer technology
- Understanding of Networking Services (DNS, DHCP)
Skills and Competencies
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal – able to communicate ideas, concepts and facts to both Clients, peers and senior members of staff.
- Strong negotiation skills
- Friendly, professional, and business-like approach
- Systematic, logical thinker with excellent attention to detail, but able to take a holistic view when necessary.
- An understanding of the financial services industry. (preferable)
- An understanding of the project management process.
- Strong background in 2nd and 3rd line Support positions (or equivalent experience)
- Experience working in a client facing service delivery role or the desire to move into this position (possessing strong communication skills)
- Experience within a project management role.
If you believe that you have the relevant experience and knowledge for this role please apply directly below. Please note only successful applicants will be contacted.