Senior Business Consultant – Development
- Work type:
- Full time
- Takapuna, Auckland, New Zealand
- Closing date:
About Bravura Solutions
Bravura Solutions is a trusted provider of software solutions for the wealth management, life insurance and transfer agency industries, underpinned by functionally rich technology that enables modernisation, consolidation and simplification.
Upon joining the Auckland Development team based in Takapuna, you will be a part of a forward thinking business that has built its success through developing innovative technology and trendsetting products. With over 1000 staff internationally, we are a true market leader and seeking someone with a similar mindset to join our growing business. We offer ongoing learning and development opportunities with the ability to develop your career internally. A collaborative team and inclusive culture, with flexible working practices and a comprehensive benefits scheme, Bravura Solutions focuses on maintaining a healthy work-life balance.
The Senior Business Consultant – Development role is responsible for involving key technical and project resources to gather requirements for development through requests from a variety of stakeholders within the business, from customers and through proactively seeking improvements to the products.
They critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
Working with key stakeholders, the Senior Consultant – Development role develops business cases prior to project kick-off, then documenting and presenting requirements in appropriate forms to appropriate parties.
They participate throughout the life cycle of the project as a reviewer, to ensure that the requirements are well communicated, understood and delivered on.
- Teasing out hidden requirements with the ability to distinguish underlying needs
- Prioritising the backlog of work, taking a look at incoming feature requests, bugs and designing solutions around them
- Cluster the back log in to meaningful bodies and then structure the work and tasks
- Flesh out requirements in to solutions and work with the technical team on developing solutions
- Drives engineering iteration objectives with the Delivery Manager.
- Prioritises the iteration and defect backlog grooming and management.
- Influences and negotiates key strategy decision points and milestones.
- Works with software engineering to decompose business stories into system level stories and/or designs, using the principles of User Centred Design.
- Provides day-to-day tactical objectives, and provides quick JIT decisions to system level questions and defect triage.
- Identifies, aggregates and prioritises stakeholder commercial objectives and expectations.
- Identifies, contracts, and maintains business relationships that defend the product against strategic threats, create defensible competitive advantages, profitably grow existing business, and exploit or create new market opportunities.
- Developing and documenting proposed solutions for complex business requirements by producing high level designs to be discussed and signed off by the client.
- Creating and executing function test plans
- Validates the product for release, including use of user testing.
To be successful in this role candidates will require:
- At least 5 years’ experience working as a business analyst in the financial services industry
- Experience with Solutions Architecture and SDLC.
- Be comfortable to act as a mentor to fellow team members
- Excellent business acumen with a confident and charismatic attitude
- Excellent project delivery skills, with a track record of participating in winning engineering projects.
- Scrum or XP Process-like experience in organising and motivating teams to succeed.
- An understanding of SQL and Relational Databases concepts are strongly desired.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
If you believe that you have the relevant experience and knowledge for this role please apply directly below. Please note only successful applicants will be contacted.