- Global Wealth Management
- Work type:
- Full Time, Permanent
- Gurgaon, India
- Closing date:
- 28/02/2017 (closed)
About Bravura Solutions
Bravura Solutions Limited (BSL) (ref: www.bravurasolutions.com) is a global supplier of professional services and highly specialised administration and management applications for superannuation & pension, life insurance, investment, private wealth & portfolio administration, transfer agency and STP financial messaging.
Bravura delivers to some of the world’s leading financial institutions located globally, and employs more than 800 people, staffing 16 offices across Australia, New Zealand, Asia, United Kingdom, Europe and South Africa.
About the role
Technical Consultant is responsible for designing and architecting large or complex software applications by ensuring key application attributes like Quality, Performance, Scalability, Reliability & Security are achieved.
Primary Customer for this role will be Sonata Development team, Business & Principal Consultants, Business Analysts and Senior Developers.
- Advanced level software development for Sonata RDA, Sonata Web and Sonata Web Services using Eclipse, Java1.5+/JEE 5+ and related services and Frameworks, Web technologies and frameworks such as JSF, Seam, HTML, CSS, Hibernate and Java-based web services and frameworks including JAX- WS and JMS
- Troubleshooting and de-bugging with the objective of resolving software defects, data issues and technical environment issues
- Develop and execute effective unit and function tests for all software changes
- Support Technical Testing activities related to performance, integration, platform and security
- Complete software analysis, design and estimation activities for complex enhancements
- Support and assist Development Leads/Managers, Project Managers and SDM’s to organise and plan development activities and tasks.
- Provide technical training and mentoring as required to colleagues (e.g. other Developers, Business Analysts/Consultants and Test Analysts) by providing technical product and training material.
- Provide technical assistance, support, consulting and guidance to Bravura clients
- Assist with preparation and delivery of software releases
- Provide technical input and direction to Configuration Management, Software Build, installations and Release methods, processes and tools.
- Understand, follow and champion technical and quality standards and procedures.
- Actively suggest and recommend changes to technical standards and procedures.
- Competently use project and team systems (JIRA, Confluence, EPM, Lotus Notes, Subversion, Anthill Pro)
- Document all work effectively
- Undertake, participate and lead peer reviews
- Communicate issues in a timely and effective manner
- Participate effectively in team and project meetings
- Ensure assigned work is completed in a timely fashion and in accordance to agreed estimates
- Comply with relevant team, project and organisation processes and policies
To be successful in this role candidates will require:
Qualification & Experience
- 10 -14 years of relevant IT experience.
- Strong understanding of Superannuation, Pension, Life Insurance and Unit
- Exposure to Trust/Managed Fund products and services
- Understanding of the broader Financial Services industry
- Broad experience with various SDLC methods (waterfall, iterative, agile development practices)
- Advanced software design principles and methods.
- Must know Software testing and QA principles.
- Worked in software development environment with large teams.
- Experience working within organisations where typical or best-practice software development methods and practices have been utilised.
- Experience in providing technical consultancy and support to clients.
- Core Java 1.5 or above, Java Swing, Java Web Start, JEE 5 and above
- Java Frameworks and services including EJB 3.0, JAAS, JMS, JCA, JTA, JDBC, Java Web Services using SOAP, JAX-WS, JAXB, XML, JMS
- Web development using HTML, CSS, XML, XSL, JSP, JSF, Servlets.
- Supporting Open Source Java frameworks, utilities and applications – XUL, Jasper reports, Apache FOP, Apache Log4J, Apache Commons, Log4J, Trove, EHCache, JGoodies, Swing Bindings.
- Object relational bridging using Hibernate, JDO and EJB 3.0.
- Java development using Eclipse Platform with related tools and plugins including Apache Ant, Subclipse, TestNG.
- Web & Application Servers including JBOSS and Tomcat.
- Relevant Oracle, Sybase ASE and MSSQL tools, services and utilities
- SQL, Entity-Relationship (ER) design and Relational Databases concepts
- Object oriented design and development methods and practices
- Code refactoring & use of design and code Patterns
- Graphical User Interface (GUI) application development practices
- Source Control using Subversion, Subclipse, Anthill Pro
- Advanced or expert level knowledge of relevant Operating System tools, utilities and Commands
- Oracle, Sybase and/or Microsoft SQL Server Certification
- Java Certification
- Attention to Detail
- Exceptional Problem Solving Skills
- Strong Customer & Quality Focus
- Advanced Communication Skills
- Leadership & Mentoring skills
- Business Acumen/Commercial Awareness
Thank you for your interest in this position, unfortunately the closing date has passed and we are no longer taking applications.