- Development Services
- Work type:
- Full Time, Permanent
- Gurgaon, India
- Closing date:
- 28/02/2017 (closed)
Bravura Solutions Limited (BSL) (ref: www.bravurasolutions.com) is a global supplier of professional services and highly specialised administration and management applications for superannuation & pension, life insurance, investment, private wealth & portfolio administration, transfer agency and STP financial messaging.
Bravura delivers to some of the world’s leading financial institutions located globally, and employs more than 800 people, staffing 16 offices across Australia, New Zealand, Asia, United Kingdom, Europe and South Africa.
Ownership of the technical integrity of change to the Sonata product. Providing architectural guidelines, technical design review and regular governance and monitoring of the work being proposed by the project teams and carried by the many Sonata development teams. Primary responsibility to the Sonata Head of Architecture.
Collaborates with and provides a service to the product architecture team to see strategic product changes carried out in accordance with product design principals and market needs.
Provides a service to the technical and business leads who own and oversee the development of each individual enhancement or fix within their respective development teams (distributed teams).
- > Write, maintain and regularly communicate architectural design principles.
- > Working with the Sonata product team design guidelines and collaborating with the product architects on solution design review. Providing an assurance service to the Sonata product team.
- > Providing consultancy service to the Sonata implementation project teams at the significant enhancements with technical precedent are elaborated into business solution designs. And for enhancements without major technical precedent provide sufficient guidelines to the technical leads in the development team who will review and input into the solutions design.
- > Periodic analysis and monitoring of the state of the Sonata product so see that technical integrity is true to the architectural guidelines and that accumulation of technical debt is minimised to a reasonable level (in respect of any compromises driven by project urgency or authorised tactical solution designs).
- > Determine the high level software based componentisation and technical design strategies.
- > Design & provide tactical strategies and near-term enhancements, in the context of a product under constant active development, to move toward long-term architectural goals. Achieve progress while managing impact on feature development.
- > Ownership of the design integrity and quality standards of all software enhancements and maintenance activities carried out by the development teams.
- > Collaborate with the Sonata Data Architect peer in any technical design or practice governance issues related to the Sonata schema, data migration or ODS.
To be successful in this role candidates will require:
Qualification & Experience
> Object oriented design and development methods and practices
> Service oriented architecture design and development methods and practices
> Ability to work with java web services, should have 10-14 years of experience.
> Knowledge of relevant Oracle and MSSQL tools, services and utilities
> Some experience administering relational database administration platforms
> Advanced knowledge of SQL
> Relational database design principals and ER modelling
> Knowledge of data warehouse principals and technologies
> Understanding of object relational bridging using JPA, Hibernate
> Understanding of code refactoring & use of design and code patterns
> Experience with continuous integration servers such as Anthill Pro or Jenkins
> Advanced knowledge of relevant Operating System tools, utilities and commands
> Distributed version control using a system such as Git, Subversion
> Attention to Detail
> Exceptional Problem Solving Skills
> Quality Focus
> Advanced Communication Skills
> Mentoring skills
> Strong Customer Focus
> Business Acumen/Commercial Awareness
Thank you for your interest in this position, unfortunately the closing date has passed and we are no longer taking applications.