WM Application Support Analyst
- Work type:
- Manchester , UK
- Closing date:
- 25/02/2017 (closed)
Salary: £30 – £35k
The role of the WM Application Support Analyst is to perform application deployment, problem identification and resolution to support the users of Sonata and ancillary application services.
The main duties include:
- The analysis and resolution of issues raised by Clients including;
- Identification of faulty software and omissions in functionality (including debugging code where necessary)
- Correction to data where required on client databases
- Correction of problems caused by incorrect use of application functionality
- Correction of system configuration faults.
- Informing clients of progress and resolution of issues raised, and ensuring all problem logs are updated regularly with succinct technically detailed entries relating all investigations/actions taken to date.
- The deployment of application code.
- Technical housekeeping and administration
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to communicate ideas, concepts and facts to Clients, peers and senior members of staff both written and verbally
- Friendly, professional, and business-like approach to both external and internal clients
- Systematic, logical thinker with excellent attention to detail
- Good client focus with the ability to build positive effective relationships
- The aptitude to be flexible and assertive in demanding circumstances
- Self-control and resilience including the ability to work effectively under pressure
- Proven use of problem solving skills with the initiative to proactively resolve issues
- Excellent team and interpersonal skills
To be successful in this role candidates will require:
- Demonstrable knowledge of the financial service industry
- A good understanding of best practice application development methodology, together with:
- An excellent working knowledge of SQL language
- Hyper-V virtualization
- Jboss installation and application
- Web sphere installation and application
- Building and testing Windows and Redhat Linux b ased production and development environments
- Ability to develop basic application code using a modern object based language
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- A basic understanding of service delivery processes i.e.
- Code promotion and release process
- Change control
- Problem management
- Availability management
- Contingency planning / business continuity
- Configuration management
Thank you for your interest in this position, unfortunately the closing date has passed and we are no longer taking applications.