For organisations with multiple legacy back office systems, attempting to combine data presents major formatting, transformation and consistency challenges.
Our operational data store (ODS) is designed to optimise reporting, breaking down isolated silos of information by integrating data from multiple sources in a single structure, without discarding existing core system investment.
Its business intelligence layer provides clients with a single, integrated view of consistent, high-quality data across multiple systems – essential for accurate and actionable commercial insight.
Benefiting your business
- Smarter strategic decision making – meets data sharing and data synchronisation challenges that leave businesses at risk of making decisions based upon divergent, inaccurate data sources
- Optimised reporting – as businesses strive to be more effective and efficient, there is a greater need to have access to accurate, real-time information for making informed decisions
- Dynamic data consolidation – replacing legacy processes with dynamic data consolidation makes your data smarter, resulting in a smarter business mode
- Leverage your existing system investment – a cost-effective solution for sharing data between disparate databases and silos, resulting in fast adaptability to IT changes and future growth plans
- Easy to use business intelligence layer
- Self-service focus for developing, designing and generating management information reports
- Ability to write extracts directly from the ODS data model
- Data integrity and audit mapping
- Choice of two deployment methods:
- Running as a software package at the client site
- Fully hosted, regulator compliant, remote access service from the Bravura Solutions data centre
In addition to its primary purpose of providing real-time data consolidation, the ODS can play more than one role:
- Smooth integration challenges – the ability to efficiently integrate back-end systems after a merger or acquisition by eliminating the need to immediately migrate to a common database or operating system
- Support data warehouse strategies – can be adapted to fulfil data warehousing needs, including moving information from multiple locations to a standard format within a central warehouse, keeping warehouse up-to-date with real-time data feeds
- Offload production – users can run real-time queries and analytics against the ODS, keeping ad hoc queries off of the production copy of the database, avoiding performance impact
- ODS – (PDF 3.31MB)